The volunteer program at the Women's Center is temporarily suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are interested in future volunteer opportunities or have questions about the volunteer program, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
We are looking for volunteers who are interested in the Women's Center's mission and want to spread awareness of gender issues to the campus community. Volunteering at the Center makes an impact on campus and you meet people who share your interests. Your volunteer hours can be applied to classes and programs that require community involvement.
Volunteers assist the Women's Center staff with:
- Packaging and distributing sexual health kits and information.
- Creating bulletin board displays to educate people about gender issues and upcoming events.
- Maintaining the resource library and assisting people with browsing and checking out items.
- Planning events for Women’s History Month and other annual programming.
- Give input on how the center can better serve the campus community and help enact those ideas.
Paid Undergraduate Positions
The Women’s Center has four undergraduate student staff positions available for the 2020-2021 academic year. Descriptions of each position can be viewed by clicking the title of the position. The positions available are:
We will be accepting applications via Handshake. Go to Handshake and log in, then search "UNL - Women's Center" for more information and to apply.