"Pathways to Persistence"
- March 10, 2023
- 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- at Lied Center for Performing Arts, Lied Commons
- Hosted by the Women's Center
Awards & Recognitions
Women of Courage, Character, and Commitment | Due February 22, 2023
The Women's Center is accepting nominations of women who have made positive impacts through professional, personal, mentoring, or peer relationships for the Women of Courage, Character, and Commitment award. Each year, women leaders are celebrated and recognized from the campus and Lincoln communities in a variety of fields and roles. Honorees receive a free ticket to the Women's History Month Celebration, where they will be publicly recognized and presented with an award.
Outstanding Contributions to the Status of Women Awards
The Chancellor's Commission on the Status of Women accepts award nominations for outstanding faculty, staff, and students who have worked to create a climate that encourages women-identifying individuals to succeed at Nebraska. Nomination forms, lists of past recipients, and additional directions are available on the commission website. Two awards--one for faculty or staff members and one for students or student organizations--will be presented at the Women's History Month Celebration.
2022 Honorees for Women of Courage, Character, and Commitment
- Rana Aribi | senior, Business Administration, CBA
- Murphy Cavanaugh | first-year law
- Meyri Ibrahim | junior, Political Science, CAS / Journalism, CoJMC
- Cassandra Neal | graduate student, Educational Administration, CEHS
- Liv O'Clair | junior, Psychology, CAS
- Izdihar (Vianne) Sheikh | senior, Emerging Media Arts, HLCFPA
- Stephanie Alderson | assistant director, Women's Center, Student Affairs
- Tricia Besett-Alesch | director, Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), Student Affairs
- Tamy Burnett | assistant director, University Honors Program
- Katie Jewell | associate director of academic programs, Athletics
- Lanie Stutz | victim advocate, Center for Advocacy, Response, and Education (CARE), Student Affairs
- Allison Bonander | | assistant professor of practice, Communication Studies, CAS
- Stephanie Bondi | associate professor of practice, Educational Administration, CEHS
- Amanda Gailey | associate professor, English, CAS
- Kim Hansen | assistant professor of practice, Biological Sciences, CAS
- Keri Mesropov | professional in residence, CoJMC
- Regina Werum | professor, Sociology, CAS